Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Forgotten Painting



This painting has been in the closet for three years...in a box, because I've never been satisfied. In fact, this is the digitally altered version of the painting...still not perfect, but 100,000 times better than the actual work. It was in "A World Without Art"--it was created for the Center Street show, but after years of trying to forget it, and altering it to fit another show (some Religious Art Scholarship show) I've forgotten both Titles and/or meanings and the scripture that inspired the alterations for the second version of the painting. What can I say? Sometimes you've got it. Sometimes you don't.

One of my students thinks this looks like a man with a Mardi Gras mask and a white wig. Maybe I can be satisfied with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment